Air conditioning repairs getting you down?
Here are some tips to keep your air conditioning unit running efficiently:
- Have your HVAC unit serviced twice a year – this will make sure your coils are clean and ductwork is ok
- Change filters monthly – dirty filters will decrease air flow, which makes it much more difficult for your unit to run properly
Call us today to have your system serviced for the season!
HEAT PUMP MAINTENANCE FOR HOME OWNERS
If your home is equipped with a heat pump, or you’re considering having one installed, use the heat pump maintenance tips below to help keep your system running smoothly.
- Clean or change your filters once a month or as needed.
- Maintain the system according to your manual.
- Clean outdoor coils whenever they appear dirty.
- Remove foliage and clutter from around the outdoor unit.
- Clean the supply and return registers in your home and straighten their fins if bent.
You should have heat pump preventative maintenance at least once a year. Your comfort specialist will follow a heat pump maintenance checklist and inspect the following:
- Ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions.
- Duct leakage.
- Adequate airflow.
- Correct refrigerant charge.
- Refrigerant leaks.
- Electric terminals, and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply nonconductive coating.
- Lubricate motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear.
- Correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa.
- Correct thermostat operation.
Climate Control Systems
Full Service Heating, Air Conditioning, Generators, Furnaces, Heat Pumps, Electronic Air Cleaners, Dehumidifiers, Thermostats, & Duct Work.